venerdì 10 luglio 2009

How to prepare a delicious german coffe

On tuesday I was at my boyfriend's bar in Rimini (Italy) and decided to have a break while tasting a wonderful german coffe. Italians usually hate the german coffe, which is actually not very different from the american one, because of the different taste and consistency: it's very light and delicate and you have to serve it in big cups. Not the microscopic italian coffe cups!
But somebody likes it. I do!
During my stay in Munich ( summer 2003) i was forced by my coffe addiction to buy an electrical coffe machine, which became soon my best friend. I continued drinking german coffe for three years, in Italy too. Then my life became too phrenetic to stop and sip a good cup of coffe.
So, overwhelmed by memories, I decided to have a german-coffe-break, like a real german tourist in Rimini.

The preparation is very simple, but it requires a little time, it's okay when you want to relax.

You may take a glass carafe, a teapot full of boiling water and a strange object whose name I actually don't know that contains a paper filter. This strange objetct (do you know the real name of this object?) has to be put on the carafe. Then, you have to put a spoon of coffe powder in the paper filter and slowly pour the hot water in it.

When all the hot water is in the glass carafe, than you can taste the real german coffe!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento